Pokémon Sun
Fire Emblem Echoes

-Shadow32-

11/24/1986 - 9/06/2007

Magewout

• http://cubetrance.com
Re: WDYPT
« Reply #14371 on: August 06, 2017, 04:10:00 am »
Finished Far Cry Primal 100% and Yooka-Laylee 100%.

Working my way through a backlog of games. Started with the CoD: BO2 campaign, which, apparently, I've never played despite having spend 100+ hours on the multiplayer.

Thinking about buying an Xbox One S and preordering CoD: WW2 to play with mates. Might get an One X instead though.
Quote from: Tintinnabula;2455
magewout ftw

madmaltese

• Staff
« Reply #14372 on: August 06, 2017, 08:52:33 pm »
Beat Uncharted. It's weird. It's more movie than any game I've ever played, including MGS, it's just that your hands are on the joystick more during exposition. The production values were off the charts, it probably had the best story of the franchise (with the benefit of frequent callbacks to 3 beloved games) but it was my least favorite of them to actually play.
Well it has by far the largest gameplay segments of an Uncharted every made...by a long shot. The boat level, the jeep level and everything from mid way onwards is huge gameplay open sections. It's still cinematic which is what I love but I'd say there is more 'gameplay' than all the past UC.

DefaultGen

• Fanboys are casuals
  • Guitar Hero Superfan
    • http://www.radiantsilvergun.com
« Reply #14373 on: August 06, 2017, 08:56:40 pm »
Beat Uncharted. It's weird. It's more movie than any game I've ever played, including MGS, it's just that your hands are on the joystick more during exposition. The production values were off the charts, it probably had the best story of the franchise (with the benefit of frequent callbacks to 3 beloved games) but it was my least favorite of them to actually play.
Well it has by far the largest gameplay segments of an Uncharted every made...by a long shot. The boat level, the jeep level and everything from mid way onwards is huge gameplay open sections. It's still cinematic which is what I love but I'd say there is more 'gameplay' than all the past UC.

Gimme shooty shoots. There's very little shooty shoots.

madmaltese

• Staff
« Reply #14374 on: August 06, 2017, 08:57:17 pm »
Wout, how is Yooka-Laylee?

So, I'm up to Ganon in BotW. Done all the divine beasts and about 80 shrines. I think I'm just gonna go finish it now because I worry I won't like it as much if I continue as the flaws really are sticking out now. They need to make a direct sequel to this. Forget the 5 year cycle and recycle assets and make a direct sequel that fixes a lot of it's issues (Dungeons, side quests, NPCs, etc) but keeping the multifunctioning gameplay.

madmaltese

• Staff
« Reply #14375 on: August 06, 2017, 08:58:13 pm »

They listened to everyone saying that the shooty shoots was the weakest part of UC gameplay.

DefaultGen

• Fanboys are casuals
  • Guitar Hero Superfan
« Reply #14376 on: August 06, 2017, 08:58:29 pm »
After 100 shrines it gets really frustrating finding new ones. Just beat it, it's pretty fast and easy.

DefaultGen

• Fanboys are casuals
  • Guitar Hero Superfan
« Reply #14377 on: August 06, 2017, 08:59:33 pm »

They listened to everyone saying that the shooty shoots was the weakest part of UC gameplay.

Everyone is wrong. The weakest part of Uncharted 2 is 30fps, everything else is perfect :p

madmaltese

• Staff
« Reply #14378 on: August 06, 2017, 09:03:38 pm »
After 100 shrines it gets really frustrating finding new ones. Just beat it, it's pretty fast and easy.
That's not even my issue tbh cause at least I'm happy when I find one but I have an entire log of side quests with zero motivation to complete any because they are 80% fetch quests that offer next to no reward. There's only been 2 cool side quests in the entire game imo, The building a town one and the buying a house one, rest are horrible, especially compared to modern open world games like Witcher 3.
The entire world that felt awesome for adventure early, now feels dead and without life because the joy came in discovering something and not from the actual world as the towns and NPCs are ps2 jrpg like statues. A far cry to what we are use to now where towns feel alive. The town and NPC problem is far worse than past Zeldas because of it's open nature.

madmaltese

• Staff
« Reply #14379 on: August 06, 2017, 09:05:50 pm »

Everyone is wrong. The weakest part of Uncharted 2 is 30fps, everything else is perfect :p
I enjoy my pleb eyes that can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps :)

DefaultGen

• Fanboys are casuals
  • Guitar Hero Superfan
« Reply #14380 on: August 08, 2017, 02:28:20 pm »
Road Avenger.

Basically Uncharted but an FMV anime car driving game.

madmaltese

• Staff
« Reply #14381 on: August 09, 2017, 12:04:35 am »
Don't wanna finish Zelda cause I want to keep playing on the Switch :(

Hardware is amazing. Nintendo nailed it

madmaltese

• Staff
« Reply #14382 on: August 09, 2017, 09:18:02 pm »
Finished BotW

Vaft

« Reply #14383 on: August 11, 2017, 01:31:36 pm »
Witcher 3, my whore ass can't have Triss AND Yen so I'm pissed.

Sky

« Reply #14384 on: August 13, 2017, 10:01:00 pm »
65 hours into Persona 5; just beat 3rd palace. PSN is Evisene :] (go-to username when everything else i want is taken)