Author Topic: WDYPT  (Read 520719 times)

linkzero

• Omnipotent Jelly
Re: WDYPT
« Reply #14760 on: December 05, 2018, 06:22:41 am »
I think drop-in drop out multiplayer is a big one.
But there are tonnes of small changes that streamline crafting and making armor sets, mixing and matching etc.

Content wise, 4 Ultimate, and now Generations Ultimate basically build on the base game before it, adding a slew of new monsters to hunt, as well as G-rank which is basically hard mode, but with cooler looking armor quite often.

As a comparison, Generations Ultimate has 90 something monsters (some of them are variations of existing ones), 4 Ultimate had like 70, World has 34.

They almost inevitably release an Ultimate version for each game, so World Ultimate will be awesome haha.

madmaltese

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #14761 on: December 05, 2018, 05:14:21 pm »
I think drop-in drop out multiplayer is a big one.
But there are tonnes of small changes that streamline crafting and making armor sets, mixing and matching etc.

Content wise, 4 Ultimate, and now Generations Ultimate basically build on the base game before it, adding a slew of new monsters to hunt, as well as G-rank which is basically hard mode, but with cooler looking armor quite often.

As a comparison, Generations Ultimate has 90 something monsters (some of them are variations of existing ones), 4 Ultimate had like 70, World has 34.

They almost inevitably release an Ultimate version for each game, so World Ultimate will be awesome haha.
Sounds awesome and given what a crazy success World has been you would certainly think they are going to follow it up

linkzero

• Omnipotent Jelly
« Reply #14762 on: December 05, 2018, 11:26:47 pm »
Generations Ultimate had a save transfers feature to migrate your progress too.
So I'm sure that will be implemented for World.

ZoodtheDood

• The Last Barbarian King
« Reply #14763 on: December 05, 2018, 11:29:18 pm »
MHW is tied with RDR2 for GOTY for me. It got real tedious at the end tho with gem farming.

-Reivax-

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #14764 on: December 06, 2018, 05:29:23 pm »
Finished God of War - Contender for my personal GOTG. I didn't think this would surpass the original trilogy for me (since I'm a big fan of Greek mythology), but I was wrong.
Spyro the Dragon
Ultra Moon

-Shadow32-

11/24/1986 - 9/06/2007

madmaltese

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #14765 on: December 06, 2018, 06:50:47 pm »
Finished God of War - Contender for my personal GOTG. I didn't think this would surpass the original trilogy for me (since I'm a big fan of Greek mythology), but I was wrong.

Glad to hear you loved it!!

-Reivax-

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #14766 on: December 07, 2018, 03:11:44 am »

Looking forward to the eventual sequel already. Can't wait to fight

Spoiler: show
Thor and Odin.

-Shadow32-

11/24/1986 - 9/06/2007

linkzero

• Omnipotent Jelly
« Reply #14767 on: December 07, 2018, 04:45:16 pm »
Spider-man - beat and platinum'd the game. My first game & platinum on PS4, so I guess it will hold a special place for me. Felt very much like the Marvel version of Batman Arkham games, and doesn't hold up too badly when measured against those.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate - had a brief playthrough, had to unlock my boy Marth as quickly as possible lol

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #14768 on: December 07, 2018, 07:53:42 pm »
RDR2 - just started Chapter 4. The graverobbing mission was fun :hs:
Not long ago you were miming to the Shook Ones
Now this really is Part II cuz you're the shook one

linkzero

• Omnipotent Jelly
« Reply #14769 on: December 09, 2018, 03:36:41 am »
Smash Bros Ultimate - unlocked all the characters, and I'm probably quite a fair way through the single player World of Light campaign. There is an addictive element to spirits, that's basically like catching Pokemon and levelling them up.

-Reivax-

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #14770 on: December 09, 2018, 02:04:58 pm »
Smash Bros Ultimate - unlocked all the characters

Is it difficult to unlock them all?

-Shadow32-

11/24/1986 - 9/06/2007

linkzero

• Omnipotent Jelly
« Reply #14771 on: December 09, 2018, 03:33:57 pm »

Nope, there's no requirements to fulfil anymore. It's literally like the 'alternative' unlock method where the more matches you play, you'll eventually get to challenge them. And you can play any mode, classic, multiplayer smash, the single player World of Light campaign etc. I believe it's just based on playtime.

If you lose against a challenger, the next time another one shows up, you'll usually get a chance to fight against a previous challenger as well if you go to a section in the games menu.

I unlocked them all in what, 1-2 days of playing (played most of the day admittedly).

madmaltese

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #14772 on: December 09, 2018, 09:36:16 pm »

Looking forward to the eventual sequel already. Can't wait to fight

Spoiler: show
Thor and Odin.

Yeah it's potential in a sequel is incredible. They set up so much for the franchise moving forward.

-Reivax-

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #14773 on: December 10, 2018, 01:51:46 am »

Nope, there's no requirements to fulfil anymore. It's literally like the 'alternative' unlock method where the more matches you play, you'll eventually get to challenge them. And you can play any mode, classic, multiplayer smash, the single player World of Light campaign etc. I believe it's just based on playtime.

If you lose against a challenger, the next time another one shows up, you'll usually get a chance to fight against a previous challenger as well if you go to a section in the games menu.

I unlocked them all in what, 1-2 days of playing (played most of the day admittedly).

Haha, that doesn't surprise me :P

-Shadow32-

11/24/1986 - 9/06/2007

linkzero

• Omnipotent Jelly
« Reply #14774 on: December 10, 2018, 07:36:51 am »
Smash Ultimate- still playing through the World of Light campaign. Read some mixed reviews about it but personally I like it. It's like a mish mash of Pokemon collecting and levelling, amd Event Mode where's each unique spirit has different battle conditions.