Author Topic: Key Moments in TGZ History  (Read 54349 times)

-Circe-

• More than infinitely many.
Key Moments in TGZ History
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 12:05:15 am »
Ah, I miss Shadow a lot. We talked on the phone a couple times. I also use to text Dice, and skype with everyone and MSN. I remember spending most school nights here all through high school. Tin brought me. All the old people. I don't remember any specific moments other than the alpacas beating lamas. Oh, and someone said that Dev or Devon or something.. someone who never posted but did maintenance had a crush on me.
<3 Circe

SNAP

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 10:01:51 pm »
Nothing on here about me.  I am disappoint.  Also fuck me Shadow is dead.  :(

How did he die?
:yes:

SM10

• Definitely Not Pariah
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 11:09:03 pm »
That was quite a number of years ago. I vaguely recall a train may have been involved, but I could be making that up.

Magewout

• http://cubetrance.com
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 10:43:16 am »
Quote from: Pariah;438292
That was quite a number of years ago. I vaguely recall a train may have been involved, but I could be making that up.
Crossed a railroad to his friends who were on the other side, after a train had passed, but then got hit by a train coming from the other direction :[
Quote from: Tintinnabula;2455
magewout ftw

-Hans-

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 10:35:22 pm »
:ronalwiino: and the obvious connection it has to the site

Somewhere I have the msn roundtable chat we had during E3 that I edited to put on the site... and tgz actually being a site instead of just forums

good to see some of you guys still staying in touch here xoxo :love: kind of a website frozen in my butthurty-internet forum days.

and fuck haters, llama's forever :llama:
> GOTY CANDIDATES <

> DUKE NUKEM 3D - RCT <

-Reivax-

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 03:09:30 am »
Quote from: -Hans-;438588
:ronalwiino: and the obvious connection it has to the site

Somewhere I have the msn roundtable chat we had during E3 that I edited to put on the site... and tgz actually being a site instead of just forums

good to see some of you guys still staying in touch here xoxo :love: kind of a website frozen in my butthurty-internet forum days.

Hans :/D

and fuck haters, llama's forever :llama:

:sam:

-Shadow32-

11/24/1986 - 9/06/2007

Magewout

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 05:00:10 am »
Remember when Default made a picture of Ronalwiino eating a watermelon and BigD leaving because of it? :/D
magewout ftw

Vaft

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2013, 09:07:47 am »
I made that :roff:

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2013, 11:43:16 am »
Quote from: Magewout;438592
Remember when Default made a picture of Ronalwiino eating a watermelon and BigD leaving because of it? :/D

<_<
Spoiler: show
:[
Not long ago you were miming to the Shook Ones
Now this really is Part II cuz you're the shook one

Magewout

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2013, 04:28:38 pm »
Quote from: Vaft;438593
I made that :roff:
:yes:

@BigD: sorry dude but admit, it looked fucking hilarious :roff:
magewout ftw

Sky

Re: Key Moments in TGZ History
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2013, 07:26:15 am »

Dice

• Staff
  • Administrator
    • http://www.totalgamerzone.com/
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2013, 07:59:21 am »
wow! now that's a blast from the past! i remember going through the build process then!

madmaltese

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2013, 08:45:15 pm »
Thats awesome Sky!! I remember that well.

Some key moments from a TGZ website side of things and not necessarily forums were:
(order is all over the place)

- Being ranked in the top 10000 sites on alexa (it could actually be a lot higher then that but i cant remember)
- Having interviews with developers on the phone and asking what Qs yous wanted us to ask on the forums
- Being invited to E3 by certain devs and asking if we wanted to be booked in for a private showing/interview
- Getting review copies of certain games
- Having the first review in the world out for Sam and Max Ep1
- Cooke marketing so many of our articles and getting us to main features on N4G.com (when it was very popular)
- Having the design/template that soooooooo many sites use now (with the Main Feature and 4 smaller feature articles undernearth) before sites like GS and IGN, etc. There was a time where i honestly believed we had one of the best designs out there

There was many more but those things felt really special to Dice and I considering we just decided to come up with this site randomly one day and got so far so quick........before the drop :P

Kragen

• Gone Guru
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2013, 01:09:48 pm »
To much from 06 07 08 but i kinda disappeared
Spoiler: show

-Reivax-

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2013, 01:55:26 pm »
It's been almost six years since Shadow's passing. He was a dear friend... I stumbled upon the post I typed about him when I discovered what happened to him. I'll repost it here since it got lost when moving to a new host a few years ago, so I'll post it here:

-Shadow32-

11/24/1986 - 9/06/2007

I just found out that -Shadow32-, one of the most charismatic and inspiring people I have ever encountered and a beloved poster on this board, has passed away. He died on September 6 2007 at the age of 20, killed by a train.
Apparently he wanted to cross the tracks to the side where his fellow students were and hadn't heard or seen the incoming train, probably because another train had just passed from the other direction.

I think everyone will agree that Shadow was someone you didn't easily forget. He had a very unique way of posting. It's difficult to explain if you've never had the pleasure of encountering him. His posts were characterized by a certain charisma, a certain flair. Every post was worth reading, every last one of them managed to bring a smile to your face. I remember a variety of traits: his ad rem turn of phrase, his wit and self-confidence (or was it arrogance?), his surprising depth and expertise (his SoulCalibur mastery comes to mind), his humour and emotion (the death of his mother).

I see Shadow as my online mentor. We first met at Gamespot's newly-established SoulCalibur Union, where we both were officers and co-founders. I was a complete newb at the time, while he was a seasoned veteran, but we immediately connected, perhaps because we lived in neighbouring countries (Holland and Belgium, respectively) and spoke the same language. Soon we growed to be the two leading figures of the union and I became his lieutenant at his own union, Beyond the Dark. We met Linkzero at SCU and invited him to BTDU, forming something I consider a kind of triumvirate. When I look back at those days, I know that I probably would've quit posting at gaming forums years ago if I hadn't met him.

Shadow's flamboyant way of posting made him a very polarizing figure. He had many friends and admirers, but quite some people opposed him. This usually ended in them being owned by Shadow, which further increased their negative sentiments towards him. This eventually resulted in a ban from Gamespot. After a short, but hilarious period under the alt -Komplecx-, he got banned for good and moved to the newly-formed TGZ. GS wasn't the same without Shadow, so I soon followed him to TGZ, where he had pretty much taken over the forums in less than a month with his unique charisma. Immensely respected by all, I think I can safely say that Shadow practically ruled this forum and brought it to its Golden Age. We were all saddened when he left because of log-in problems and many of us hoped he would one day make his triumphant return to reclaim his throne. Alas, fate decided otherwise. This unfortunate discovery explains his sudden disappearance.

Will I remember him as a brilliant poster, an inspiring leader or a loyal friend? I don't know, but I do know that I'm never going to forget him.
Thanks for everything Shadow. My mentor and dear friend, I salute you...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 01:58:34 pm by -Reivax- »

-Shadow32-

11/24/1986 - 9/06/2007