Author Topic: Currently watching (TV)...  (Read 72435 times)

ZoodtheDood

• The Last Barbarian King
Re: Currently watching (TV)...
« Reply #1035 on: January 15, 2019, 06:46:13 pm »
Watching some old Simpsons, I forgot how funny it was
Golden stuff. I own the first 9 seasons on dvd. I don't know why they wont release them on blu ray.

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #1036 on: January 18, 2019, 04:13:55 pm »
Punisher S2 is out

Every good hero needs a theme song

madmaltese

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #1037 on: January 20, 2019, 07:40:46 pm »
Anyone seen Punisher yet?

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #1038 on: January 20, 2019, 08:37:12 pm »

I'm 3 episodes in. So far it's pretty good, just as action-packed as S1, though it does get off to kind of a slow start. Not liking the villain so far, he's a bit annoying and reminds me of Diamondback from Luke Cage. Definitely interested in seeing how the rest of the season goes though.

-Reivax-

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #1039 on: January 21, 2019, 02:07:34 am »

I'm 3 episodes in. So far it's pretty good, just as action-packed as S1, though it does get off to kind of a slow start. Not liking the villain so far, he's a bit annoying and reminds me of Diamondback from Luke Cage. Definitely interested in seeing how the rest of the season goes though.

Jigsaw/Billy Russo? I liked him in season 1.

-Shadow32-

11/24/1986 - 9/06/2007

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #1040 on: January 21, 2019, 10:44:47 am »

Jigsaw/Billy Russo? I liked him in season 1.

No, not him, though he does show up in eps 2 and 3. The main villain is a different guy, I think his name's Pilgrim or something. :thinking:

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #1041 on: January 30, 2019, 08:56:00 pm »
Finished Punisher S2. Brutal AF, but I expected nothing less. 8/10 :yes:

madmaltese

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #1042 on: January 31, 2019, 06:19:05 pm »
Finished Titans which was alright.
Nearing the end of You which is surprisingly awesome

linkzero

• Omnipotent Jelly
« Reply #1043 on: February 02, 2019, 08:16:00 pm »

Yeah, pretty brutal at times. But pretty good in general. I enjoyed it. Too bad there's not gonna be another season.

The John Pilgrim stuff kind of just seems thrown in their as a reason to get the plot moving, the character himself didn't really amount to much. It just seemed like they were trying to jumble lots of threads together. It didn't feel cohesive to me, just hodge podge. But I can see how each thread adds to Frank's character development.

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #1044 on: February 02, 2019, 08:30:40 pm »

Yeah, pretty brutal at times. But pretty good in general. I enjoyed it. Too bad there's not gonna be another season.

The John Pilgrim stuff kind of just seems thrown in their as a reason to get the plot moving, the character himself didn't really amount to much. It just seemed like they were trying to jumble lots of threads together. It didn't feel cohesive to me, just hodge podge. But I can see how each thread adds to Frank's character development.

Yeah Pilgrim was just nowhere near as fascinating of a character compared to Billy Russo IMO. The Bible-thumping, especially, was really irritating to me. Really jarring hearing him quote some random Bible verse right before punching a guy in the face 15 times lol.

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #1045 on: February 18, 2019, 06:09:59 pm »
Welp they finally made it official: all of the Marvel Netflix shows are canceled. Disney better pick up at least one of them or I'm gonna be pissed. But at least JJ still gets a S3 though.

DefaultGen

• Fanboys are casuals
  • Guitar Hero Superfan
    • http://www.radiantsilvergun.com
« Reply #1046 on: February 18, 2019, 06:29:18 pm »
BSG Season 2. I'm gonna say it, we make TV shows better than we used to.

There's way too much starting the episode with some exciting cliffhanger, then going "48 hours earlier". Also one episode had two commercial breaks with the SAME CLIFFHANGER because we had traveled back and forth in time to the same spot. Jeez, BSG. You guys liked Memento. I've also been nitpicking character inconsistency between episodes because of different writers. In Black Market, Apollo tries to have a father-daughter relationship with the child of his hooker, then just straight up murders someone, and afterwards everything just kind of works out, lol.

madmaltese

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #1047 on: February 18, 2019, 11:10:30 pm »
BSG Season 2. I'm gonna say it, we make TV shows better than we used to.

There's way too much starting the episode with some exciting cliffhanger, then going "48 hours earlier". Also one episode had two commercial breaks with the SAME CLIFFHANGER because we had traveled back and forth in time to the same spot. Jeez, BSG. You guys liked Memento. I've also been nitpicking character inconsistency between episodes because of different writers. In Black Market, Apollo tries to have a father-daughter relationship with the child of his hooker, then just straight up murders someone, and afterwards everything just kind of works out, lol.
I overall agree, tv is at a much higher and consistent level now. However BSG will always hold a great place in my heart. Also why I never want to rewatch it and risk ruining my thoughts of it.

In all fairness even the fact that most shows now don't need to worry about the commericals and base little cliffhangers off them, not to mention that with most streaming services then entire need to an episode ending cliffhanger is gone also as you don't need to try hook ppl to come back next week as the next episode is always available. Helps with pacing and structure of shows.

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #1048 on: February 19, 2019, 03:41:53 pm »
Anybody seen Russian Doll yet? I want to watch it but I'm scared it's not gonna live up to all the hype :noes:

madmaltese

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #1049 on: February 19, 2019, 06:45:39 pm »
Anybody seen Russian Doll yet? I want to watch it but I'm scared it's not gonna live up to all the hype :noes:
Was just about to ask the same question. It is getting some incredible reviews. Might watch it next.