Currently watching (TV)...

• 738 Replies

BigD

• Insert Title Here
Re: Currently watching (TV)...
« Reply #720 on: November 05, 2017, 09:04:55 pm »
All caught up with Archer for now...still hilarious as always. Now I just gotta wait til Hulu gets S8 :hehe:

Finished S2 of American Horror Story. It was too much for me, I liked the first season more. Iím gonna move on to Stranger Things or that Netflix serial killer show next.
Ah yeah, has anyone seen Mindhunter?

I've only seen the trailer, doesn't seem like my kind of show tbh. Looks like it got decent reviews though.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 09:06:31 pm by BigD »
If I die, remember me like Don Killuminati
Bury me on the left, right next to John Gotti
Play nothin' but that Cocaine Muzik, that Yo Gotti
Tombstone read "He took shit from nobody"

madmaltese

• Staff
« Reply #721 on: November 06, 2017, 12:43:03 am »
All caught up with Archer for now...still hilarious as always. Now I just gotta wait til Hulu gets S8 :hehe:

Finished S2 of American Horror Story. It was too much for me, I liked the first season more. Iím gonna move on to Stranger Things or that Netflix serial killer show next.
Ah yeah, has anyone seen Mindhunter?

I've only seen the trailer, doesn't seem like my kind of show tbh. Looks like it got decent reviews though.
Yeah the reviews are what brought it to my attention. If anyone hear watches it, let us know what you think.

DefaultGen

• Fanboys are casuals
  • Guitar Hero Superfan
    • http://www.radiantsilvergun.com
« Reply #722 on: November 10, 2017, 10:54:04 pm »
TWD. Jesus Christ. We are 8 seasons into this show, however many years into a zombie apocalypse, and still having back and forths about whether itís OK to kill people who are actively trying to murder you.

linkzero

• Omnipotent Jelly
« Reply #723 on: November 11, 2017, 03:31:25 am »
TWD. Jesus Christ. We are 8 seasons into this show, however many years into a zombie apocalypse, and still having back and forths about whether itís OK to kill people who are actively trying to murder you.

What's your conclusion? And at which season did you reach it?  :hehe:

DefaultGen

• Fanboys are casuals
  • Guitar Hero Superfan
    • http://www.radiantsilvergun.com
« Reply #724 on: November 11, 2017, 03:35:54 am »

What's your conclusion? And at which season did you reach it?  :hehe:

When people have already expressed intent to murder you, don't let them go and give them the opportunity to murder you 3 seconds later. Not sure when people have reached this conclusion, but in the brave new world where people have to live in towns surrounded by giant fences, surely they must know to distrust people just a little bit.

Also, don't start wars and kill people at random, but it's not like this show follows the good guys.

linkzero

• Omnipotent Jelly
« Reply #725 on: November 11, 2017, 03:40:25 pm »
Maybe it's not so much that they don't know to distrust, and more that they want to believe that there is still good in that world, and risk it.

Particularly Rick as the focus, he wants to find a better way than near indiscriminate killing but can't.
Both Carol and Morgan have had times where they want to walk away because they don't like the survival lifestyle. But they just can't escape.
It seems more like these lapses of judgement are more because of a desire that it'll work out, rather than fall apart as expected.

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #726 on: November 13, 2017, 08:59:32 pm »
Decided to watch Louie from the beginning since it's somehow still up on Hulu and I'm sure it'll be taken down soon (plus I haven't seen any of it past S3 anyway). On S2 E2 atm.

madmaltese

• Staff
« Reply #727 on: November 14, 2017, 02:41:18 am »
Decided to watch Louie from the beginning since it's somehow still up on Hulu and I'm sure it'll be taken down soon (plus I haven't seen any of it past S3 anyway). On S2 E2 atm.
You enjoying it? Louis CK's best work imo.

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #728 on: November 14, 2017, 02:34:19 pm »

It's hilarious :yes: Reminds me a bit of Seinfeld because the show feels like a natural extension of Louis' stand-up. It's obviously WAY darker than Seinfeld ever was though lol.

madmaltese

• Staff
« Reply #729 on: November 14, 2017, 09:27:34 pm »

It's hilarious :yes: Reminds me a bit of Seinfeld because the show feels like a natural extension of Louis' stand-up. It's obviously WAY darker than Seinfeld ever was though lol.
Glad you're enjoying it. It was the closest I could find to Curb Your Enthusiasm too (which in itself is an extension of Seinfeld).

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #730 on: November 17, 2017, 08:28:13 am »
Punisher is out today :hehe:

Reviews are decent, so it should be good. That reminds me, I still need to watch the rest of The Defenders too.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:40:57 am by BigD »

madmaltese

• Staff
« Reply #731 on: November 19, 2017, 02:39:32 am »
Finished Stranger Things S2. Slow start but really picked up. Awesome season again.

-Reivax-

• Staff
« Reply #732 on: November 19, 2017, 05:45:59 am »
Finished Stranger Things S2. Slow start but really picked up. Awesome season again.

Yeah, the last couple of episodes are fantastic.

-Shadow32-

11/24/1986 - 9/06/2007

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #733 on: November 19, 2017, 11:51:13 am »

Yeah, for me the season didn't really start picking up until
Spoiler: show
the tentacle monster got Will

linkzero

• Omnipotent Jelly
« Reply #734 on: November 19, 2017, 02:32:43 pm »
I've watched the first couple of eps of S2 Stranger Things, but then got distracted by The Punisher, which I've now seen the first half of.