Author Topic: General Gaming news thread  (Read 43585 times)

DefaultGen

• Fanboys are casuals
  • Guitar Hero Superfan
    • http://www.radiantsilvergun.com
Re: General Gaming news thread
« Reply #630 on: October 29, 2018, 07:14:11 pm »
The list NEEDS Gran Turismo, Crash, Spyro, and Tomb Raider. Those franchises are so god damn synonymous with Playstation. And SOTN is the best PS1 game, needs to be on there. I don't care that these games have been re-released already. Is this the PS1 Classic or the PS1 "Random slice of games".

Destruction Derby 1? Rainbox Six 1? Syphon Filter? Fuck off Sony.
Crash and Spyro were never going to be put on it with their remasters out, no way Activision would give it to them and take sales away.
GT is impossible (just like Tony Hawk) because of licensed music contracts.
Tomb Raider definitely should've been on it.

My answer to everything is "It costs $100". What is that premium price going to if not the best games. SOTN was just remade too, but it's still stupid to release a PS1 without it.

madmaltese

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #631 on: October 29, 2018, 08:53:04 pm »
The list NEEDS Gran Turismo, Crash, Spyro, and Tomb Raider. Those franchises are so god damn synonymous with Playstation. And SOTN is the best PS1 game, needs to be on there. I don't care that these games have been re-released already. Is this the PS1 Classic or the PS1 "Random slice of games".

Destruction Derby 1? Rainbox Six 1? Syphon Filter? Fuck off Sony.
Crash and Spyro were never going to be put on it with their remasters out, no way Activision would give it to them and take sales away.
GT is impossible (just like Tony Hawk) because of licensed music contracts.
Tomb Raider definitely should've been on it.

My answer to everything is "It costs $100". What is that premium price going to if not the best games. SOTN was just remade too, but it's still stupid to release a PS1 without it.
You're obviously paying for the actual physical item + controllers much more than the games. Plus we both know this thing is going to be hacked incredibly fast and you'll be able to put on whatever games you like. A lot of the games you mentioned are out of Sony's hands.
Going to be the same issue if Nintendo isn't able to make a deal with MS to get the Rare games for the N64 mini.

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #632 on: October 30, 2018, 07:30:01 am »
It's got R4 and MGS1, that's good enough for me. *shrug* Kinda surprised PaRappa isn't on there though.
Not long ago you were miming to the Shook Ones
Now this really is Part II cuz you're the shook one

linkzero

• Omnipotent Jelly
« Reply #633 on: October 30, 2018, 04:19:04 pm »
Personally I feel like having their classic libraries available on their latest console is the better option, at least for gamers.

These mini classic consoles are the kind of product I feel is marketed towards people who don't really game any more, who might think this is a decent holiday gift.

I'm still nostalgic for SNES and N64. But if I had the classic, I wouldn't put much time into it, except as a party game.

madmaltese

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #634 on: October 30, 2018, 06:31:07 pm »
Personally I feel like having their classic libraries available on their latest console is the better option, at least for gamers.

These mini classic consoles are the kind of product I feel is marketed towards people who don't really game any more, who might think this is a decent holiday gift.

I'm still nostalgic for SNES and N64. But if I had the classic, I wouldn't put much time into it, except as a party game.
Well yeah this is 100% a marketing gimmick for holiday sales. It works though. No doubt that for actually playing the games though the best thing would be having them available to play on current systems. Ridiculous that PS4 doesn't have all the psone/2/psp games that even PS3 and Vita have available in their store.

Magewout

• http://cubetrance.com
« Reply #635 on: October 30, 2018, 07:27:13 pm »
Dunno Link, I still have my original N64 with 3 or 4 controllers and I'd still buy an N64 mini on release. Some games are just ridiculously hard to find in a decent condition (cartridge + box + booklet), and I like playing games on their original controller (or something that looks/feels like it).

Also I'm a bit disappointed with the PS list. If Spyro and Crash were on there, it would've been a must-buy for me as I never really got to experience those games in their original form except when I visited Xavier.. although I understand why they aren't included it's still a bummer :[
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 07:28:50 pm by Magewout »
Quote from: Tintinnabula;2455
magewout ftw

linkzero

• Omnipotent Jelly
« Reply #636 on: October 30, 2018, 09:37:23 pm »
These classic consoles also have quick save functions and stuff, plus are HDMI compatible, which is more complex in terms of connecting for older consoles.

But I think that you could release these collections on current  consoles, and a lot of third party or modders can get old controllers compatible with a console.
I guess it streamlines the process.

To me, I think you did still play for a few hours of nostalgia then put down.
I wouldn't play the games if already beaten, and I feel like most of the games I hadn't played probably weren't that great to begin with. If I really wanted to play them, I actually would look into secondary retro market, although admittedly it's probably a lot more expensive.

-Reivax-

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #637 on: October 31, 2018, 03:46:31 pm »

-Shadow32-

11/24/1986 - 9/06/2007

ZoodtheDood

• The Last Barbarian King
« Reply #638 on: November 01, 2018, 07:31:13 pm »

Oh baby I knew about this from Andrew Barnabas youtube comments but i thought it would have been a shitty rerelease of the PSP remake but man it looks good. I hate the cartoony stuff though and wish it was more gothic like the original. Lets hope they dont mess with the ost too much.

DefaultGen

• Fanboys are casuals
  • Guitar Hero Superfan
    • http://www.radiantsilvergun.com
« Reply #639 on: November 02, 2018, 03:11:51 pm »
New Diablo phone game!!

Oberon

• And I need you to recover...
« Reply #640 on: November 02, 2018, 03:50:04 pm »
Wyatt Cheng used to have a full head of flowing hair before joining blizzard and look what the fuck they done to him
These are the slums of the heart.

-Reivax-

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #641 on: November 03, 2018, 05:08:17 pm »

-Shadow32-

11/24/1986 - 9/06/2007

-Reivax-

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #642 on: November 08, 2018, 08:33:55 am »

-Shadow32-

11/24/1986 - 9/06/2007

madmaltese

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #643 on: November 08, 2018, 04:21:01 pm »
It's crazy that they are still releasing content for FFXV.

-Reivax-

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #644 on: November 08, 2018, 04:25:03 pm »
It's crazy that they are still releasing content for FFXV.

Episode Ardyn will be the final episode (March 2019). The other three episodes (Episode Luna, Aranea and Noctis) have been canceled.

-Shadow32-

11/24/1986 - 9/06/2007