General Forums > Anime Discussion

Legend of the Galactic Heroes Remake

(1/1)

linkzero:

I never watched the original, but I know it's a favourite of Xaph's.
It's by Production IG, and they have a strong reputation, so I'm interested in this remake. Apparently will be 2 seasons of 12 episodes, so seems pretty condensed compared with the 100+ previous series.

-Reivax-:

--- Quote from: linkzero on April 06, 2018, 09:46:01 pm ---I never watched the original, but I know it's a favourite of Xaph's.
It's by Production IG, and they have a strong reputation, so I'm interested in this remake. Apparently will be 2 seasons of 12 episodes, so seems pretty condensed compared with the 100+ previous series.

--- End quote ---

Huge fan of the original OVA. I'm still very grateful to Liquid for telling me about LoGH. Easily the greatest anime I've ever watched.

There's been a lot of criticism and scepticism among fans of the original since the remake was announced, but I have to say that I enjoyed the first episode. I thought they managed to capture the spirit of the original pretty well. It's much to early to judge after one episode, of course.

Apparently the plan is to release a season of 12 episodes this year and then 3 movies each equaling about 4 episodes starting in 2019. Maybe they'll make more if the series does well?
https://myanimelist.net/news/52389967

I still recommend everyone to watch all 110 episodes of the original OVA, btw. It's a masterpiece.

BigD:
Never seen it :[ I usually avoid shows longer than 30 eps tbh. Although I did like Initial D and that was close to 100 eps so *shrug*.

ZoodtheDood:

--- Quote from: -Reivax- on April 07, 2018, 08:14:39 am ---
--- Quote from: linkzero on April 06, 2018, 09:46:01 pm ---I never watched the original, but I know it's a favourite of Xaph's.

--- End quote ---

Huge fan of the original OVA. I'm still very grateful to Liquid for telling me about LoGH. Easily the greatest anime I've ever watched.

There's been a lot of criticism and scepticism among fans of the original since the remake was announced, but I have to say that I enjoyed the first episode. I thought they managed to capture the spirit of the original pretty well. It's much to early to judge after one episode, of course.

Apparently the plan is to release a season of 12 episodes this year and then 3 movies each equaling about 4 episodes starting in 2019. Maybe they'll make more if the series does well?
https://myanimelist.net/news/52389967

I still recommend everyone to watch all 110 episodes of the original OVA, btw. It's a masterpiece.

--- End quote ---
I'll give it a look. Been meaning to watch it for some time now. It's always ranked high on anime lists.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version