What movies have you recently seen?

• 3521 Replies

Magewout

• http://cubetrance.com
Re: What movies have you recently seen?
« Reply #3510 on: June 12, 2017, 02:54:54 pm »
Wonder woman. Surprisingly good (didn't expect much considering Bats vs Supes was meh).

Spoiler: show
Got a bit annoyed at the initial portrayal of Wonder Woman as the 'naive girl', but I guess it's similar to Captain America. The people they save in the Belgian village are speaking correct Flemish as well which is a rarity even in Hollywood blockbusters
Quote from: Tintinnabula;2455
magewout ftw

DefaultGen

• Fanboys are casuals
  • Guitar Hero Superfan
    • http://www.radiantsilvergun.com
« Reply #3511 on: June 21, 2017, 03:59:19 pm »
Clown 6/10

Finally a decent horror movie on Netflix. Not the scariest, goriest, or most original thing out there. Just some good ol' fashioned child murdering fun.

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #3512 on: June 23, 2017, 03:40:04 pm »
Get Out: 8/10

Dat alternate ending tho :wow:
"Do you know how much money you have to have to tell a girl to 'shut the fuck up'? I have 'Quiet please' money at best. I'd have to take a loan out for 'shut the fuck up.' 'Shut the fuck up' that's Jay Z money...and Beyonce got 'No, *you* shut the fuck up' money."

DefaultGen

• Fanboys are casuals
  • Guitar Hero Superfan
« Reply #3513 on: June 23, 2017, 11:58:34 pm »
The Awakening 6/10

Tries to do too many things. Ghost house, twist ending, second ending thats like nope the movie isn't over yet, third ending that I think is supposed to be ambiguous (?). Good atmosphere though.

madmaltese

• Staff
« Reply #3514 on: June 25, 2017, 04:11:36 am »

What's the alternate ending???

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #3515 on: June 25, 2017, 01:18:36 pm »

Remember how TSA dude (forgot name) bailed out Chris? Well in the alternate ending the real cops show up instead and Chris gets put in jail for the deaths of his girlfriend and Walter. It's on youtube but only with shitty video quality unfortunately :[
"Do you know how much money you have to have to tell a girl to 'shut the fuck up'? I have 'Quiet please' money at best. I'd have to take a loan out for 'shut the fuck up.' 'Shut the fuck up' that's Jay Z money...and Beyonce got 'No, *you* shut the fuck up' money."

madmaltese

• Staff
« Reply #3516 on: June 25, 2017, 11:12:43 pm »

Remember how TSA dude (forgot name) bailed out Chris? Well in the alternate ending the real cops show up instead and Chris gets put in jail for the deaths of his girlfriend and Walter. It's on youtube but only with shitty video quality unfortunately :[

Wow, that sounds like such a better ending and would've been an awesome final gut punch to a great movie. Still like the ending it has but that would've elevated it even further.

DefaultGen

• Fanboys are casuals
  • Guitar Hero Superfan
« Reply #3517 on: June 26, 2017, 01:40:35 am »
Friday the 13th Part VII: Jason Takes Manhattan 8/10

DefaultGen

• Fanboys are casuals
  • Guitar Hero Superfan
« Reply #3518 on: June 29, 2017, 11:57:00 pm »
Life 5/10

Kinda boring, seen-it-before stupid astronauts screw up quarantining an alien on a space station movie. Good ending at least.

madmaltese

• Staff
« Reply #3519 on: July 16, 2017, 10:41:09 pm »
Lego Batman: 9/10

Actually ridiculous how much I was laughing in this movie.

Sky

« Reply #3520 on: July 17, 2017, 07:15:23 am »
Finally got around to watching Man Vs. Snake. Comparing to King of Kong, while not as engrossing as a viewing experience, I appreciate that this film chose not to go the easy route of picking and choosing scenes to make a "bad guy." I'm sure Billy Mitchell is still a dbag, and Dwayne Richard has issues only a psychiatrist could hope to overcome, but.. it was refreshing to just root for a guy many wouldn't expect to hold a world title.

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #3521 on: July 22, 2017, 06:07:25 pm »

Looks good but I feel like I should probably see BvS first before I see this. :thinking: