Author Topic: What movies have you recently seen?  (Read 167295 times)

ZoodtheDood

• The Last Barbarian King
Re: What movies have you recently seen?
« Reply #3720 on: February 08, 2019, 10:20:37 pm »
autistic

ugh
I didn't mean autistic in the derogatory term I meant literally an autistic person's rigid and compulsory view of relationships or in this case the directors interpretation of an autistic persons view of romantic relationships. Take your ughs elsewhere.

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #3721 on: February 09, 2019, 04:44:03 am »
autistic

ugh
I didn't mean autistic in the derogatory term I meant literally an autistic person's rigid and compulsory view of relationships or in this case the directors interpretation of an autistic persons view of romantic relationships. Take your ughs elsewhere.

Then how come I read like 5 articles about the movie and literally none of them even mention autism or the movie having an autistic character? Like I said: UGH.
Every good hero needs a theme song

ZoodtheDood

« Reply #3722 on: February 09, 2019, 10:39:03 am »

Then how come I read like 5 articles about the movie and literally none of them even mention autism or the movie having an autistic character? Like I said: UGH.
Oh so by reading 5 articles about a movie means that you've seen that movie? Like I said before in my first post, I (as in my opinion) felt like The Lobster could be interpreted as an autistic persons (as in a person on the autistic spectrum) view on relationships. Hock your sjw nonsense back to Facebook.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:40:39 am by ZoodtheDood »

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #3723 on: February 09, 2019, 11:06:55 am »

Oh so by reading 5 articles about a movie means that you've seen that movie? Like I said before in my first post, I (as in my opinion) felt like The Lobster could be interpreted as an autistic persons (as in a person on the autistic spectrum) view on relationships. Hock your sjw nonsense back to Facebook.

It's pretty bold to suggest that a movie character is autistic. If it was that obvious then one would think other people that saw the movie would pick up on it too. You don't have to be a SJW to know that shit lol. But whatever, you and that dumb-sounding movie can hock deez nuts. I'll shut up now.

ZoodtheDood

« Reply #3724 on: February 09, 2019, 01:46:19 pm »
I'm done arguing with you since you clearly lack abstract thinking skills.

BigD

• Insert Title Here
« Reply #3725 on: February 09, 2019, 04:52:01 pm »
I'm done arguing with you since you clearly lack abstract thinking skills.

Lol way to insult instead of just trying to have a civilized conversation but ok. :roff:

DefaultGen

• Fanboys are casuals
  • Guitar Hero Superfan
    • http://www.radiantsilvergun.com
« Reply #3726 on: February 09, 2019, 06:33:10 pm »
D, most of the dialogue in the movie is intentionally overly emotionless, matter of fact, and stilted, it's just the whole thing and not particular characters. It's artsy fartsy symbolism that you could interpret a lot of ways.

Z,

I dunno man, left her? If people in lobster world have "normal" reactions to getting their hand stuck in a toaster or having their dog/brother killed, I imagine they wouldn't want to gouge out their eyes. If you're going to change yourself to fit in with one partner, you could go back to the hotel and do something less drastic like nosebleeds!

madmaltese

• Staff
  • Administrator
« Reply #3727 on: February 11, 2019, 06:36:52 pm »
Remember watching The Lobster quite a while ago and enjoying it. Weird af artsy movie but found it funny and unique. Never really got the autistic angle from it though because it felt like all the writing was written that way, not just for a particular character.